Saturday 24 November 2007

Lost paradise





Today drug abuse has became misfortune of more than 18.000 family in Azerbaijan. This is official statistic. If we mean non-official figures, it will be be clear that how many families are suffering. This disease is created by the help of dependence pills or medicines. Of course. It influences physics and psychological moods of man. Nowadays drug addiction has spread among the young’s. First of all it depends on environment. Second, these people interested in matters, that they “friends” use. This tendency goes on sometimes. To be unconscious, to be stupefied. This fact involves young’s to drug. Afterwards they could not be free. And treatment such illness is very difficult. Our hero ( his conditional name is Mamed) who wants to hide his personality denotes that he is sacrifice of drug.

MAMED’S STORY

One day we went to my friend’s birthday. After dinner my friend called us to his garden and showed us ine bush and told. This is cannabis Then put out his match box from his pocket. It was dired, dessicated cathana. Some of our friends denied. But I wanted to try, so I accepted suggestion. This feeling was very interesting for me. As through I was unweightly. After sometimes I wanted to live in this situation repeatedly. Being in this situation I also smelled glues. I felt that these don’t compensate my needs. So I tried to sit on injection. My parents were so wealthy. I could get a lot of money as I want. Certainly, they did not know anything about it. One day me and my friend began to feel ourselves very bad after injection. Both of us were in overdose. When I opened my eyes I saw myself in hospital. In spite of I was alive, but doctors could not save my friend’s life. The words of doctor “If u don’t give up this poison ur faith will be like ur friend’s life” on this time I began to struggle with myself. I called: “Enough”. But without injection my mood was getting bad. I could not answer my behaviors, conducts. I beat my head to the wall. And I applied to the narcological centre.

DOCTOR’S STORY

Mamed’s situation was very bad when we found him. We tired so much for his life. I remember that place, where we found him. This place is still in front of my eyes. It looked like car garage. There were two beds. Into was bad smell. There were empty vodka bottles and many syringes on the table…


MAMED’S MOTHER’S STORY

We did not know that Mamed is drug addicted. After this we had a problem in our family. His father did not endure and died. It is very difficult to me struggle again this alone. I spent all our property for treatment my son. I feel myself so bad while visiting him. I can not sleep at nights. My nervous has got bad. I am afraid of. I don’t want to lose my son in front of my eyes.

Here are the ideas of young azeri people about the drug abuse

Elmin Hasanli- 19 years old, student-journalist

Drug abuse has a wide range of definitions related to taking a psychoactive drug or performance enhancing drug for a non-therapeutic or non-medical effect. Some of the most commonly abused drugs include alcohol, amphetamines, barbiturates, benzodiazepines, cocaine,
and opium alkaloids.

Samir Kazimov-20 years old, security

Use of drugs may lead to criminal penalty in addition to possible physical, social, and psychological harm, both strongly depending on local jurisdiction.

Vafa Jafarova- 23 years old, journalist

Although being addicted implies drug dependence, it is possible to be dependent on a drug without being addicted. People that take drugs to treat diseases and disorders, which interfere with their ability to function, may experience improvement of their condition.

Unknown person

Such persons are dependent on the drug, but are not addicted. One is addicted, rather than merely dependent, if one exhibits compulsive behavior towards the drug and has difficulty quitting it.




Seymour Kazimov, Caucasus School of Journalism and Media Managment, independent journalist.

No comments: